It may still feel like summer outside but in the classroom, it's time to hit the books.
School is back in session and as a recent ranking by Niche shows, there are some schools - in this case those in the suburbs - that are doing an excellent job of educating students.
Niche looked at the Alabama suburbs with the best public schools. You can see the methodology for the ratings here.
Here are the top 15 suburbs with best public schools:
1. Mountain Brook, Jefferson County
2. Homewood, Jefferson County
3. Hoover, Jefferson/Shelby County
4. Vestavia Hills, Jefferson County
5. Trussville, Jefferson County
6. Jasper, Walker County
7. Brook Highland, Shelby County
8. Indian Springs Village, Shelby County